Costa Mesa Fact Sheet
- Welcome to Costa Mesa, the City of the Arts®!
About Costa Mesa
- Incorporated into Orange County in 1953
- Size: 113,952 population, 16.8 square miles / 25 kilometers
- Located one mile from the Pacific Ocean / 1.6 kilometers
- 37 miles / 59 kilometers south of Los Angeles
- 88 miles / 141 kilometers north of San Diego
- South Coast Plaza is the largest shopping center in California with 250 retailers and highest concentration of fashion designers in the U.S. along with several dining options. South Coast Plaza is also known for its architecture and size.
- Costa Mesa also offers an array of boutique and outdoor shopping, including: The LAB, The CAMP, and SOCO and The OC MIX.
- Segerstrom Center for the Arts:The largest nonprofit arts organization in Orange County showcasing the world’s leading dance companies and Broadway shows. It is home to the Philharmonic Society, Pacific Chorale and Pacific Symphony. View the Segerstrom calendar of events.
- OC Fair & Event Center is the eight-largest fair in the U.S. It hosts one of the largest annual fairs in California, the OC Fair, every July – August.
- Beaches: Newport Beach (2 miles/3 kilometers), Huntington Beach (7 miles/11 kilometers), Laguna Beach (18 miles/29 kilometers)
- 32 parks all equipped with picnic areas and shelters, restrooms, playgrounds and a skate park
- Golf: Costa Mesa’s own Costa Mesa Country Club; plus nearby courses: Monarch Beach Golf Links, Pelican Hill Golf Club, Strawberry Farms Golf Course, Tustin Ranch Golf Course
Dining: Over 150 various restaurants in Costa MesaSearch by cuisine or alphabet and plan your Eatcation(TM).
- Over 2,300 spacious guestrooms available with 11 well-known branded hotels.
- The 11 hotel members of the Travel Costa Mesa include:
Best Western Plus : 949.650.3020
Marriott Costa Mesa: 714.957.1100
Residence Inn by Marriott: 714.241.8800
Crowne Plaza: 714.557.3000
Holiday Inn Express & Suites: 949.631.6000
The Westin South Coast Plaza: 714.540.2500
Avenue of the Arts, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel: 714.751.5100
- Many of Costa Mesa’s hotels offer complimentary shuttle service to and from John Wayne/Orange County Airport
- Costa Mesa partner hotels offer Anaheim Resort Transportation (ART) shuttle service to and from Disneyland®Resort.
Meeting and Event Venues
- Renée and Henry Segerstrom Concert Hall (opened September 15, 2006): Seats 2,000
- Samueli Theater (opened October 14, 2006): 300 stadium seating, 320 club/cabaret-style, 600 general admission and cocktail reception
- Segerstrom Hall (opened September 29, 1986): Seats 3,000
- Judy Morr Theater (opened September 29, 1986): Seats 234 club-style, 269 risers/concert style
- Julianne & George Argyros Plaza (Opened October 28, 2017): 56,100 square-foot space, seats 500-2,000
- OC Fair & Event Center: 150-acre event venue and home to the annual OC Fair welcoming more than a million guests each year. Also the home of Pacific Amphitheatre with seating for 8,000 in an outdoor concert venue.
- What's Nearby
- Disneyland®Resort and Disney’s California Adventure (13 miles / 21 kilometers)
- Knott’s Berry Farm® (22 miles / 35 kilometers)
- Honda Center (14.5 miles / 23.3 kilometers)
- Discovery Cube (12 miles / 19 kilometers)
- John Wayne/Orange County Airport (SNA) (4.5 miles/ 7 kilometers)
- Los Angeles Airport (LAX) (41 miles / 66 kilometers)
- Long Beach Airport (LGB) (21 miles / 33.7 kilometers)
- Ontario International Airport (ONT) (46 miles / 74 kilometers)
Travel Costa Mesa's mission is to increase leisure travel originating from major feeder markets, including southern and central California, San Francisco, San Diego, Scottsdale, Phoenix, Tucson and Las Vegas. Secondary targets include domestic and international travelers to Orange County.