The galaxy where Star Wars took place isn’t really that far, far away after all. In fact, you can experience it up close and personal when Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance makes its debut at Disneyland Resort in Anaheim on January 17, 2020.
Located within Disneyland’s innovative Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge theme park, this newest attraction promises to be one of the most progressive experiences in Disneyland’s 64-year history. Instead of a single ride, it’s a series of multiple adventures and interactive experiences that include a full-size transport shuttle, a daring mission, a fierce battle and plenty of Stormtroopers all fueling space travel fantasies while blurring the line of reality.
Those brave enough to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance should expect the unexpected, including:
- Joining the Resistance and departing from Batuu in your very own transport ship to meet General Leia Organa at a secret rendezvous point. The journey takes an unexpected turn when it’s intercepted and captured by the First Order.
- Once captured, the transport ship is drawn into the hangar bay of a Star Destroyer and guests must plot their escape from the clutches of Kylo Ren and the First Order.
- The experience is enhanced when coming face-to-face with some famous and infamous Star Wars characters, including Resistance heroes Rey, Poe and Finn, as well as Kylo Ren and General Hux of the First Order.
- Another thrilling encounter includes a frenzied race in a trackless ride vehicle through a Star Destroyer complete with an onboard droid that reacts to its surroundings.
- You’ll also experience the sensation of falling from space and crash landing on Batuu.
Star Wars; Rise of the Resistance makes history as one of Disney’s largest attractions to date. Housed in a massive structure, the fortress contains two full-sized AT-AT walkers, a Star Destroyer hangar bay complete with a TIE fighter and an army of Stormtroopers. Of course, once the transport safely docks, guests can purchase Star Wars collectibles, make a customized lightsaber, or even sip Galactic-inspired cocktails within the theme park.
So, as you prepare to embark on the newest attraction debuting at Disneyland Resort, Star Wars, Rise of the Resistance, remember: Fear is the path to the dark side. And, with that said…may the force be with you.