With our enviable weather and miles of coastline, Orange County is a great destination to visit any time of year. With that said, the health and safety of visitors to our region is always our top priority and we remain committed to providing travelers with the most timely and accurate information.
With the coronavirus dominating the news these days, we’ve put together a list of guidelines, precautions, misconceptions and resources for you to consider as you ponder your travel plans. As always, we wish you safe travels and look forward to having you as our guest.
- The coronavirus outbreak is occurring during the traditional flu season, a time when common-sense precautions should be practiced such as frequent hand washing, limited body contact, avoidance of those who are ill, covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue, etc.
- Those on the frontline, as well as those behind-the-scenes, working in transportation, at our hotels and restaurants, have implemented enhanced disinfection protocols.
- Businesses have been encouraged to follow recommendations from California. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (Cal/OSHA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), which include flexible sick leave policies as well as advocating for sick workers to remain at home to avoid contact with the public.
- While the virus originated in Wuhan, China, it does not target people of Asian descent or any other race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
- California and some of its counties, including Orange County, have issued a state of emergency declaration. Be aware that there are no travel implications tied to these declarations.
- The cancellation of public events and gatherings are at the discretion of the organizer(s) The California Department of Public Health has not made any recommendations to cancel such events.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) believes the health risk for the majority of people in the United States, Orange County included, is low.
Visit California, the travel authority for the Golden State, has put together a list of additional resources on the topic of the coronavirus.